Friday 6 February 2015

February survival tips

Okay, I promised no more 1 am blog posts but... You guys genuinely concern me sometimes, especially the teens who haven't quite grasped hold of an identity beyond depression (which is the hardest and greatest thing you can do for yourself). Here's some ideas and nuggets of wisdom I have for you to hopefully improve your February...


  1. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
  2. Self harm is not a solution but if you've given in, forgive yourself. Scars fade and even if they're noticed, people stop minding that they exist once they've healed.
  3. Valentine's day is an excuse to be loved and eat chocolate, you don't need to be in a relationship for that. Love yourself. (Last year I'd just started seeing JJ so I only got VDay stuff for my mum. This year JJ and I decided to rename the day mini Easter and eat chocolate eggs).
  4. If February's tough, don't sweat it! It's the shortest month anyway.
  5. Exercise rules, even if it kills, too. This is a great month for stretching while you're cuddling a radiator, promise.
  6. If you ever need a shitty joke you can drop me a line, JJ and I have the worst sense of humour you can imagine... in a good way (My teacher threw sodium chloride at me... That's a salt).
  7. Articles of cool shit exist to make you forget that you feel lame. Here's what happens when artistically technical people see Christmas trees.
  8. Writing helps. Tweet, blog, send an essay into us or just write it out and burn it up!
  9. Helping people is awesome. Support your fellow tweeters when they're low, buy a homeless dude a sandwich, buy a present or go shopping in the charity stores - do your bit every now and again, it feels good.
  10. Get out of bed. Do not let yourself wallow for more than one day at a time. Get up. Go out to buy coffee if it's all you can do. Being up is the first step to being well.

Bonus tip (from JJ) - "Try and learn something interesting. Learning stuff is cool." 

No comments:

Post a Comment